Product Code : BMSAR014
4 reviewsRs. 34,000 (INR)
Availability : In Stock
Brand : Bihaan Musc
Color : Natural Wooden Polish
Scan the QR for Google Pay
The sarod is one of the leading instruments of Hindustani music today. The origin of the sarod like that of the sitar is undocumented and surrounded by ambiguity. The sarod is an adapted and improved version of the rabab, repeated modifications has brought the instrument to its present state of sophistication.
The term sarod, meaning song or melody is of Persian origin. Some scholars suggest that the word might also be used to denote some type of musical instrument of the medieval period. According to Allyn Miner, one scholar has suggested that in order to distinguish the Afghani rabab from the Seniya rabab the players of Afghani rabab started calling it sarod.
The modern classical sarod is about 100 cm (39 inches) long and has a slightly waisted wood body with a skin belly. The broad neck has a wide fretless fingerboard covered in metal to accommodate characteristic sliding pitches. The modern version has four to six main melodic strings, plus two to four others; some of the strings may be paired in double courses tuned in unison or at the octave. In addition, there are sympathetic and drone strings. The seated player holds the instrument across his lap. The strings of the sarod are plucked with a plectrum held in the right hand, while the fingernails of the left hand press the strings.
Sarod is a stringed musical instrument of the lute family, that is common to the Hindustani music tradition of northern India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh.
Height 48 inches
Drum side to side 11 inches
Drum Height 7 inches
Fret Chrome Polished Metal
Wooden Structure Made of Tun
Drum made of Goat Skin
Tarab Strings 11
Strings : Steel and Bronze
Plectrum or Jawa
Fiber Box Cover Case
* ( For International Customers USD Price is not Inclusive of Courier Charges from Kolkata to the destination port )
Your item is covered by a free Transit Shipping Insurance. Insurance only covers the main musical Instrument for physical damage only. Insurance not applicable for instrument case or box. Customer must report damages to us by providing all the details of the defect(s) and photographs as soon as possible. Please allow us a maximum of 48 hours to respond to your emails. We will make sure that issue will be resolved as early as possible to your satisfaction. 100% Satisfaction guaranteed. PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING! RETURNS IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRODUCT YOU CAN CONTACT US TO RETURN IT WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS OF RECEIVING THE ITEM. The prices both in INR (Indian Rupees) & USD (US Dollar) are inclusive of all taxes.
• All the Item(s) are inclusive of Insurance and Shipping Charges.
• The prices are independent of the US Dollar rates. The USD price is an approximate value of the exchange rate. Actual billing amount can be viewed while purchasing ONLINE. The basic price is based / fixed on Indian Rupee (INR) rate. The company will not be liable for any sorts of hike or fall in the exchange rate.
• The Online Orders will be shipped WITHIN 7-10 WORKING DAYS from the date of Purchase followed by the Order acknowledgment/confirmation receipt.
• The shipping address and name should be correct as the Authority / Company will not be responsible for any undelivered items due to incorrect address.
• Items will be dispatched to the addressee only after the realization / confirmation of the ONLINE payment by the payment gateway services authority. For other payments like Cheques/ DD/ Money transfer, the confirmation will be provided by the respective banks of the company.
• In case of Cheque/ DD / the payments should be made in favour of 'BIHAAN MUSIC INSTRUMENTS', payable at Kolkata, INDIA.The bank details are also mentioned in the contact page of the website.
for Bank Transfer information details
Indian Overseas Bank
Account Name:Bihaan Music Instruments
Address: 84, Chowrangee Road, LalaLajpatRaiSarani, Kolkata – 700020, West Bengal.
IFSCode: IOBA0000908(used for RTGS and NEFT transactions)
MICR code: 700020016,